If you don’t know who Linda Rodin is, I’m sorry. She is a gem of a person, one who like fine wine gets better with age. Ms. Rodin started as a photographer, only to be told by her sister she wasn’t very good at it, and then became a stylist.
I mean come on, the epitome of class.
After styling people for years, Linda decided to create her company Rodin LLC, where she only created a singular face oil. Clearly, less is more. After producing a few other face oils over the years, she set out to create 5 lipsticks. The only 5 colors that you need. And Linda would know. She’s been wearing lipstick every day since she was 16: she’s now 68. Red lipstick is a classic color. If you haven’t been reminded by Taylor Swift as of late, you can always turn to women like Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly for your reminder. It never goes out of style.
So after months of pining away for a Rodin lipstick, my sister purchased Red Hedy for my birthday. Not only did I get the most beautiful lipstick, but I also got a small sample of Rodin’s face oil.
Needless to say, I’m in love.While showing you this lovely lip color, I thought I’d share with you my simple, go-to makeup look. There are five steps.
- Wash your face: Self-explanatory. Micellar water is always good to remove any pollution from your face too.
- Rodin Face oil: Put four drops on your face- your two cheeks, forehead, and chin. Rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes. Your face will feel rejuvenated.
- Concealer: Jeanne Damas convinced me that flawless skin isn’t needed. It’s okay to not have it. This has probably also been influenced by my inability to fully grasp makeup. I don’t know what I’m doing half the time so I just stick to covering up my under-eye circles and red spots. I love to use either my Rimmel true match foundation or Lauren Merier tinted moisturizer as my concealer. FUN FACT: a perfect dupe for the Nars concealer is the ELF concealer.
- Mascara: Also, known as your best friend. Some mascara on both the bottom and top lashes and you’re almost ready.
- Rodin’s Red Hedy: LIP STICK TIME. Possibly the best part of the routine. Apply your lipstick generously (be careful not to turn yourself into a clown) and don’t forget to blot. If you get the lip liner, Linda says to apply the cover (fill in) your whole lip with lip liner and then apply the lipstick over it to prevent it from fading.
And voila, you’re ready!
Red Hedy feels amazing. Smells wonderful. It is, I think, my forever color. Not only that, but Red Hedy holds up well after a night out. It was slightly faded after a night of eating. That to me is 👌.