Tea or coffee? I’ll have a hot chocolate for today. Tea or coffee? has had a bit of a makeover, and I’m in love if I do say so myself; I hope you like the new design! Moving on, here’s today’s question: Who doesn’t love a good sandwich? If you’re a lover of chicken sandwiches than this recipe is for you ( for all my vegetarians out there, you can substitute the chicken with with figs and strawberries )
- Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- Ciabatta Bread
- Farmstand Natural Goat Milk Cheese- Coach Farms- Fig
Except for the chicken breast which was found at Fairway and the kale which was home-grown, all of the other ingredients were purchased from Big Rocks Farms, a local organic market. The strawberries tasted a thousand times better being organic, aka GMO & hormone free. This place is as quaint as can be, and it’s always nice helping out the local businesses. If you’re ever in the Stanfordville area, it’s definitely worth a trip.
- Season the chicken breasts with a little bit of salt and pepper. Then, grill the whole pieces of chicken breast till they’re cooked to an internal temperature of 165*.
- Put the chicken in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, cut the chicken into slices
- Cut your Ciabatta bread to however big you want the sandwich
- Add copious amounts of Fig Goat Cheese
- Don’t forget the Kale
And voilà, your sandwich is done and ready to be eaten. Now if you’re adventurous you could cut up the strawberries and put them in your sandwich. If not, eat the strawberries as a side dish and can assure you, you won’t be disappointed. I hope you’ll enjoy this summery sandwich, till Friday!